Thursday 18 September 2014

Going Home

After almost 6 weeks of staying at my parents house post-neuroma removal, yesterday I finally went home.


How does this make me feel?  Relieved.

Don't get me wrong, staying at my parents has been an absolute pleasure!  I know how incredibly lucky I am to have had Mom and Dad (ok, mostly Mom) looking after me during my recovery.

But me, I'm an independent little soul who quite likes her own space and her own company.  I can quite happily sit in a restaurant by myself and watch the world go by.  (People-watching is my favourite past time).

I love my home.  I love the peace and quite of our road up on the hill.  I love the garden and the wide open spaces.  And I'm not sure if this is a good thing, or just sad, but I love my routine!  I just seem to have more time on my own than when with other people.


I don't have a T.V. (I know... Shock! Horror!), but to me this is a good thing.  I've realised over the last few weeks how when you sit down and switch it on it just sucks the life right out of you!  No thinking required, no movement made, and the next time you look it's two hours later and you've accomplished nothing!  I think everything has it's time and place, and I'm not slamming T.V. and everyone who watches it (we all need a good series marathon now and then).  I'm just saying that, in my life, I feel more productive without one.

I started exercising again this week, just with some pilates.  It's good to use my muscles again, and feel them working.  Last night I hopped right back on the stationery bike, and peddled away for half an hour.  It was hot, I was sweaty, and my muscles were tired, but it made me so happy!  You've got to love endorphins!


This weekend I'm off to do my very first Park Run, and so looking forward to it.  I'll just be walking the 5km, but we've all got to start somewhere.

Wishing everyone a happy and safe week.

Peace & Love.

Claire
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Title Image

Title Image