Friday 26 September 2014

Back a Buddy

Through a wonderful woman who works in the world of Fundraising, I have come to know a lot about Little Fighters Cancer Trust.  They do such wonderful work for children suffering with Cancer; assisting with medical bills, accommodation close by for parents who live far from the hospital, and with groceries and other little things for families who's every cent is going towards their child's health and life.

Click Here for a link to their website.
At the beginning of this year, a dear friend and I held a tea party at the Botanical Gardens in Pietermaritzburg.  It was a small event, but the money we raised was accepted with such gratitude that I couldn't help but want to do more to help this wonderful cause.

In May this year, I assisted with hosting a Mothers Day Tea at Grey's Hospital, for which we got the most wonderful support.  I am always so humbled by people's generosity.  It was an incredible feeling to spoil the Mums who otherwise would have spent just another day at their child's bedside.


So now, I am at it again...  As many of you know, along with the rest of the Kirkman clan, I have entered Sani Stagger Half Marathon, which is on 29 November this year.  And I would love to be able to do this, and raise money for Little Fighters at the same time.

Side note: I have walked twice this week, around 4km's each time, and my foot has done so well, and made me proud!  The muscles had become very tense, but walking seems to help with that a lot... Yay!


My trusty Nikes will get me through training, but unfortunately not down a mountain.
Back a Buddy is an awesome website where I have registered to raise funds, which will go directly to the Trust.  If you would like to help me help children in need, please click on the link below.  Every little contribution is a great help, just a few rand could make the difference between someone having a decent meal or not.  Just click on the link below, and once on the website there is a "donate now" button on the right.  The rest is pretty easy... If you've done some online shopping, it'll be a breeze!  Please follow the link below:

Click Here!

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy weekend.  Make it count!

Peace & Love

Claire
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Title Image

Title Image