Tuesday 28 October 2014

Birthday Box!

It seems like ages ago I last posted anything!  Not because there's nothing going on, but perhaps too much! 
A lot going on at work these days.  We've just celebrated our company's 10th Anniversary with a very snazzy black tie affair.  It really was a night to be remembered and a special occasion for our staff, clients and associates.

By the end of this week we will finally be in our new offices.  Thursday and Friday are set aside for moving days, and hopefully come Monday I'll remember take the right route to get there!

Now that we're all caught up on that side, this post is about a Birthday Box!  I got this wonderful idea from A Bubbly Life, and thought it was the perfect idea for a very special friend.  So here is my take on it:

Firstly, gather your special person's favourite things.  For girls this should be fairly easy, some bubbly, nail polish, lip ice and just some all round pretty things.


I suppose the colours don't ultimately matter that much, but I tried to stick to a theme of pink, black and gold to keep it all tied together.



When in doubt, champagne will always do.
I found some Christmas decorations that I butchered to get the gold strands, and added a packet of brightly coloured confetti just for fun.  The candles add some extra birthday excitement.


I wish I had taken photo's of these little banners before rolling them up, but lesson learned for next time.  I cut strips off a large piece of homemade paper from a local craft shop.  Each one had a different little message for the birthday girl in gold pen: "Happy Freakin' Birthday," "You're Awesome!" "Make a Wish..." etc.


And finally I stuck a balloon onto the inside of the lid with some washi tape.  And that's it.  Fairly simple and so effective.  This one was very well received, and I'm sure most people would enjoy getting a box full of birthday fun and cheer.  I think this may become my signature gift for 2015 ;)


All wrapped up, crown included.  That, by the way, was super easy to make.  I'm not sure where I got the idea, probably somewhere on Pinterest, but when I saw some gold paper cups, I knew I had to give it a try.  I just measured even spaces for the amount of points I wanted and cut them out. The crown was attached to the alice band with some double sided tape and black insulation tape.  Done in 10 minutes!!


Have a happy week.

Peace, Love & Birthday Cheer!

Claire
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Title Image

Title Image